Re: [TowerTalk] Using CATV splitters at HF

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Using CATV splitters at HF
From: Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 04:10:51 -0800
The typically fall apart pretty quick, Pete. It's been many years since
I've worked in that business, but the designs I've measured use just
enough inductance to provide acceptable performance at 5 MHz. Any more
inductance and you start compromising the high end response, especially
the ones that work up to 1 GHz. They are dirt cheap, however, (cable
companies usually pay ~$1 for the good ones) so it may be worth a try to
sample a few to see if you can get acceptable performance down to 1.8 MHz.

73, Mike W4EF................