Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn base specs

To: towertalk@contesting.com, mg@harvesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn base specs
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 08:17:51 EST

In a message dated 1/15/2011 7:22:06 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  Looking at the Rohn base specs, I am quite surprised at  the
requirements,
assuming I read it right.  For a base, without  piers, the specs call for a
14'-3" X 14'-3" X 4' concrete base ( 30.1 cubic  yards).

>  To me that seems like considerable over  kill.

    Umm, so you're an engineer who has calculated the  relative forces to
arrive at that conclusion? I suggest you follow the LXC  Prime Directive to
"DO what the manufacturer says" in order to construct a  reliable and safe
installation.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -