Re: [TowerTalk] compression PL259

To: Paul Christensen <w9ac@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] compression PL259
From: bob finger <finger@goeaston.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 12:02:18 -0500
I have a handful left that I got from Joel at TheRFConnection a few
years ago.  Except for the color of the big rubber washer and lack of
the very thin washer they appear identical.  I have had good success
with those I have installed. In all  about 50 of them in 2003-4.  Not a
single failure, yet.  Joel W3RFC can be found at TheRFC.com.  73 bob de w9ge

Paul Christensen wrote:

>>It's simply a much cleverer design. Accept no substitutes. Salesman does
>>not receive commission.
>>

>Ian,
>
>Trouble is -- those of us on this side of the water, for one reason or
>another, will have difficulty in purchasing those European compression
>connectors.  Absent a North American distributor, we may have to settle for
>"second best."  If you have a source for an easy, painless purchase, please
>pass along the vendor information.
>
>Paul, W9AC

Bob Finger
8511 Swann Haven Road