Re: [TowerTalk] New Tower Old Base

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] New Tower Old Base
From: "Andy GD0TEP" <andy@gd0tep.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 21:32:11 -0000
I know of one local here who change the type of tower from a fixed post to
one that needed a base plate.

He cast a small block of concrete right next to the original block, and in
the new bit he included two new studs for the new base, but he also drilled
two holes in the original concrete and used resin type fixing for two new
studs. The resin was in a glass tube, and part of the instructions for
drilling was to make sure that ALL of the dust was vacuumed out and the
newly drilled hole was dry and clean.

He was sceptical prior to all of this, but did many calculations and decided
to go with the resin. That was circa 10 years ago and it's still OK. This
was for a un-guyed tower with a tribander, and rotary dipole, plus a string
of dipoles for low bands.

73,

Andy

http://gd0tep.com