[TowerTalk] Anyone using an ISOPOLE antenna?

To: Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Anyone using an ISOPOLE antenna?
From: jcowens1@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 18:58:54 +0000 (UTC)
I bellieve what you have found is normal. I have heard it and its 2m equivalent
referred to as dummy loads. That may be  because thay do in fact appear like a
short circuit when checking at the ant connector. Quite to the contrary. I had
a 2m Isopole on top of my tower for many years, but it was destroyed when that
tower blew down. It was the best 2m antenna I have ever had. I believe it has a
more favorable radiation angle to vertical ground plane antennas and allowed me
to work stations about 130miles north of me in British Columbia. I bought
another one, but it is still in the garage. If I ever take my current antennas
down, the 5/8th wave ground plane antenna may get replaced with this Isopole.
Pug it into a xcvr and if you are hearing stations on it, then you can feel
safe to try and transmit on it. I will bet you will find it to be a very good
antenna. Everyone I know who has owned this antenna have been very happy with
it.

John Owens -  N7TK

Celebrating over 50 Years in Ham Radio
No. 1 Honor Roll