Re: [TowerTalk] Force12 rivets

To: "'Barry Gross'" <n1eu.barry@gmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Force12 rivets
From: "N2TK, Tony" <tony.kaz@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 16:30:32 -0500
Hi Barry,

At WP2Z we had just about a constant high updraft from the 900' drop-off. It
loosened the rivets on the Force 12 antennas. N6BT from Force 12 offered
this solution:
- Install rivets 120 degrees apart.
- Use 3 rows of rivets
- Offset them so no two rivets are in-line around the circumference of the
tubing.

In addition added 3' of 3/16" Dacron rope in the tips to reduce vibration
with the element tips.
This took care of the rivet loosening problem.

I use McMaster-Carr 97517A015 for most of the tubing. Where the tubing is
thicker I use 97517A020.

73,
N2TK, Tony