Re: [TowerTalk] HyGain TH-11DX

To: <K7LXC@aol.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>, <k7hph@q.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HyGain TH-11DX
From: "Gene Fuller" <w2lu@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 14:32:38 -0500
Hi Steve -
I haven't read your reports, but I'm a firm believer that great gain and F/B
does no good if your antenna is down for repair. I like to think that being
"in the air" (useable) is as,or more, important than "on the air"
(performance).  What I like about the TH-11 dsign is no traps to burn  out
in the driven LP cell, also the broad band coverage. Perhaps a little less
gain, and not quite as good F/B, as the TH-7, but perhaps a bit more
reliable. Also, soon after it was released  I had a long talk with the
engineer who designed it and was quite impressed with what he had to say
about what went into it. Hopefully MFJ hasn't screwed it up. It would be
possible with inferior hardware, finish and assembly, that wouldn't
necessarily show up  in the spec's or with initial on-the-air testing.
Gene / W2LU