Re: [TowerTalk] book Tribander comparison test

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] book Tribander comparison test
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 21:24:46 -0500
> Even on 20 meters a three element Steppir has hardly has anything to
> compare with as most people putting up a monobander for that band
> would choose a 4 t 6 element  antenna.

I knew a lot of competitive signals from 203BA antennas "in the day."
While a lot of people went for the 204BA (24' boom) and 205BA (32'
boom), the 16 boot boom 203BA (same boom length as the 3 element
SteppIR) or stack of 203/153/103 was head and shoulders above the
TA-33/TH-3/ATB4 class of station.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV