Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: book Tribander comparison test

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fw: book Tribander comparison test
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Mar 2011 23:06:29 +0000
Let's say there was 5pF from each side of the choke to the boom - that's
2.5pF net. At 30MHz that's a reactance of 2000 Ohms shunting the choke.

Not sure if that makes a difference in your application, but if I'd
carefully designed a choke to have several thousand Ohms Resistive
impedance I wouldn't want to be shunting it with 2K reactance.

73,
Steve G3TXQ