To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 99, Issue 26
From: Kathy Bookmiller <wb2aio@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 12:39:34 -0800 (PST)
When Animal House was filmed, beer cans were a lot stronger being made of steel
and 3 separate pieces soldered together, not the two piece light aluminum ones
of today. Doesn't anyone remember the beer can verticals of yesterday??
Kathy, who of course, only drank soda pop

On 3/10/2011 9:45 AM, Ronnie Carter wrote:
>> (practical example.. stand on one foot on top of an empty soda/beer can.
>>   Then tap the side of the can. )
>>
> Fascinating.  But now I'm beginning to suspect that in the movie "Animal
> House," from about 30 years ago, when John Belushi crushed that beer can on
> his forehead, someone may have secretly put a dent in the side of it to make
> it easier.  I'm devastated!

Not at all. I've seen it done.  The only caveat is don't hit it quite
straight, or squeeze a bit before impact. You can easily smash a can
holding in in one hand with out a lot of force and slamming it against
something flat and solid...as long as you do not hit it quite straight.
And don't cut your self with the "pop top".

Keep it straight, undented and apply the force straight and the thing
will support quite a load.

73

Roger (K8RI)