Re: [TowerTalk] Mosley CL-33 vs Hygain EXP-14

To: Chris Merring <cobraford@juno.com>, Mickey Baker <fishflorida@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mosley CL-33 vs Hygain EXP-14
From: Tom Anderson <andersonww5l@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 14:21:39 -0700 (PDT)
Chris:

I had the Mosley Classic 33 WARC for many years and was very happy with it.  I
finally changed to a Tennadyne T10 log periodic.  The WARC model has a 4th
element which is a rotatable dipole for 12 and 17 meters and I earned DXCC on
12 and 17 with it.  Also with the WARC model you can add the 40m kit to the
driven element, which is nice too, I have DXCC on 40m also (5BDXCC total 10-80
plus 12 an 17 Dxcc)  Only reason I changed was the longer boom on the T10 and
the no tune aspect to it.  I assembled the T10 per directions and it is
virtually flat across all bands with my TS430S.  I pick up a little SWR when I
turn on my Collins amp, but not enough to matter.

The Mosley is well constructed and easy to assemble.  There are only two
settings for each element, CW or Phone and the directions tell you which hole
to use on each elemental.

If you use the 40m kit, the kit has dacron rope to hold the 40m kit, but I oped
for the small diameter Phillystran instead since I felt it was a better looking
installation and the Phillystran was more secure and UV proof than the black
Dacron rope.

At times I do miss the Mosley when I'm chasing 40m, but I use use the inverted
vee I put up instead hi hi.  It was nice to have a rotatable 40m dipole though,
even just 1 element.

Hope that helps.

73 de Tom, WW5L