[TowerTalk] US Tower cable rubbing on cross brace

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] US Tower cable rubbing on cross brace
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 19:53:54 -0700
Upon further investigation of my HDX-5106, I noticed that
some of the raising cables are rubbing on the cross braces
of the next larger section.  (It is OK for the cables to touch
the section towards the inside since they are attached to
that one at the bottom).  In some cases, a slight groove has
formed and it appears that the cable can make noises interacting
with this groove.  Is this "normal"?  What to do to fix it or not?
The noises get worse as the tower nears maximum height.
This would correspond to the cable having the most stiffness
against the cross brace, since the section in question would
be shortest.  This all seems to be consistent to me, but I
don't have much tower experience.

Rick N6RK