[TowerTalk] Climbing Glen Martin M-18 Tower

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Climbing Glen Martin M-18 Tower
From: Michael Tope <W4EF@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 12:47:26 -0700
I was given 40ft of Glen Martin M-18 Aluminum Tower a few years ago
along with the accompanying Hazer tram system. I am thinking of actually
putting it up this summer. In theory with the Hazer, I shouldn't need to
climb this tower, but if for some reason I do I was wondering if the
M-18 sections are safe to climb? I weigh about 195 lbs and am a little
concerned about the strength of the horizontal aluminum cross braces (I
am worried they will bend. Anyone have experience climbing Glen Martin
M-18?

Thanks!

Mike W4EF...........