[TowerTalk] step ir vs zero five

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] step ir vs zero five
From: "K2VI" <k2vi@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 16:23:59 -0400
I can't advise if the big ir is a better alternative however i do own the zero
five with 60 ground radials from 28-60'. I will say on 40 meters past 1000
miles it plays excellent. Inside that distance equal or worse than my ladder
line fed 130' doublet dipole up 50'. For dxing on 40 the zero five was usually
2-3 db better than the dipole and sometimes even more. It also does very well
on 60M, 15M.. fair on 20.All other band don't get excited, It's a glorified
dummy load.

tony k2vi