Re: [TowerTalk] Towertalk - Feedline question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Towertalk - Feedline question
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 13:57:38 -0700
I'm not sure it really matters, although I'd be more worried about the
effects of oxidation and corrosion with stranded wire than with solid.

However ... I would think you'd have to live in an area with almost zero
wind to expect that a pair of 80 foot long wires would hold their
spacing on their own.  I don't think it is practically possible to put
enough tension on them for that to be the case.

73,
Dave   AB7E