Re: [TowerTalk] Guy wire attachment

To: "Steve" <sflory@mindspring.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guy wire attachment
From: "Dan Cisson" <n4gnr@windstream.net>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 21:36:25 -0400
Steve,, If your anchors are where the Rohn equalizer plates will bolt up
evenly and the turnbuckles
fit snugly in between the plates....Use the Rohn equalizer plates....If not,
they can be easily made
from 1/4" plate....but rust will be a problem unless you keep them coated.
If the plates do not fit your
anchors,, you can use johnny ball shackles-a curved stud that the
turnbuckles will go on and
even out the load.  As far as turnbuckles,, 1/2  X  12,, 1/2  x  9,, 5/8  x
12   any of those are
super in an eye to eye galvanized configuration..I highly suggest you use
the guy brackets for the
55G.  70 feet of 55 will last you a lifetime  GL....Dan N4GNR