[TowerTalk] Alternative Crank-Up Tower Drives...

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Alternative Crank-Up Tower Drives...
From: Jon Pearl - W4ABC <jonpearl@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 15:33:11 -0400
I thought I'd share some information with all of you that I thought was
pretty cool.  Some time ago I assembled some thoughts on alternative
methods for raising crank-up towers with commonly available 120 VAC
hoists.  While I have direct knowledge and experience utilizing a 1300
lb. engine hoist to raise and lower my US Towers TX-455, I only
theorized about utilizing a boat hoist to do the same job.

I was pleased to receive an email from David Banner, N7BAN a couple of
days ago, describing his adaptation of an off the shelf boat hoist using
a drive mount constructed by Chris Perri, KF7P of KF7P Metalwerk to
raise and lower Dave's US Towers HDX-572

Please visit my website and stroll down the page about 3/4 of the way
and look for the animated 'NEW' logo for pictures and information on
this project.  Seeing as most everyone on this list likes the mechanical
side of things, I'm sure you'll enjoy what Dave and Chris have come up with.

73,

Jon Pearl - W4ABC
www.w4abc.com