Re: [TowerTalk] BLACKENED BRAID?,

To: "Rob Atkinson" <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] BLACKENED BRAID?,
From: "K0DAN" <k0dan@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 12:38:00 -0500
Hi Rob...

I am coming to the same conclusion. The black braid RG213 I have is probably
shot, no matter what the reason. Fortunately is a relatively short run. My
application is < 7 Mhz, loss not an issue, but I do run QRO. Not sure what I
will replace it with (I have some NOS "good" cable in inventory) but need to
assess pros/cons.

I agree with you completely about 1/2" LDF...I have 3 runs of 130' from the
shack to the tower, buried 15 years, and never a hiccup from any. When I
have used flexible cable (buried runs, rotor jumpers, dipole hangers, etc.)
I ALWAYS have had some kind of electrical or mechanical (now chemical)
problem! Of course hardline can't be used everywhere, but it sure is a
low-maintenance product compared to the flexible stuff.

Thanks for your comments.

73
Dan
K0DAN