[TowerTalk] TH7 problem

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TH7 problem
From: "Dan Schaaf" <dan-schaaf@att.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 14:14:38 -0400
I had the same problem with my A3WS. Then a week later the problem went
away. I think a critter, maybe a wasp crawled into the drain hole on the
trap and either built a nest or just got zapped with the high voltage. It
has been months and problem is still solved, so if you go to all the trouble
to pull down the antenna, you just may find the similar situation.

The 1:1 SWR had moved up the band by 100 KHz or so on 17 meters before the
problem went away and was back to normal after the problem went away.

I had purchased a replacement trap and it remains in my closet to this day.

Dan Schaaf

Dan Schaaf

K3ZXL www.k3zxl.com
Cape Cod Instruments www.gnm-inc.com