Re: [TowerTalk] antenna

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] antenna
From: K8RI on TT <k8ri-on-towertalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 17:56:33 -0400
On 6/26/2011 3:47 PM, bizpa2004 wrote:
> hello:

As Jim said, there are quite a few variables. Is this the tubular tower,
(like a couple of pipes nested)?
On the positive side, getting it out of the ground is going to be a lot
easier than one set in concrete.

IF and I have to emphasize the *IF* this is the tubular, crank up and
tilt over, then the dismantling is *relatively* easy and I have to
emphasize "relatively" this time. IOW it's still a lot of work and
should be performed by some one who is knowledgeable about the
installation.  Even a regular crank up and tilt over with a "dirt base"
is *relatively* easy compared to one set in concrete.  I think a dirt
base on one this size is a bit unusual.

Even with the tower sections nested (how many sections?) it's still
fairly long and heavy meaning transportation might be a problem.

All of these things have an impact on what people  are willing to pay.

73

Roger (K8RI)