Re: [TowerTalk] Best way to attach radial to radial plate

To: "Dan Bookwalter" <N8DCJ@YAHOO.COM>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Best way to attach radial to radial plate
From: "Mark Robinson" <markrob@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 11:45:25 -0400
I would crimp and solder the ring terminals. I would also apply some
Penetrox between the ring terminal and the SS hardware.  I imagine that if a
lightning strike occurred that the radial wires are more likely to be
vaporized. The radial field isn't really meant to deal with lightning as it
is an rf return. Maybe a ground rod and a spark gap would protect a
vertical. I am not sure how to deal with static on the verticals

I am building their 40m four square right now too, so I will be interested
in people replies.

Mark N1UK