Re: [TowerTalk] Painting Rohn 45 Tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Painting Rohn 45 Tower
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2011 22:36:24 -0700
I agree.   Just look around and note what catches your eye and what
doesn't. Dark, dull colors are best in almost all circumstances, and
trying to match lighter colors is usually counter productive.  It's also
a good idea, in my opinion, to break up the colors instead of using just
one ... try to make it look kind of mottled(large patches).  I used a
combination of dark brown, very dark green, and charcoal ... with just a
bit of tan to break things up since my tower happens to be backdropped
by a large hillside with dried grass on it the majority of the year.

73,
Dave   AB7E