[TowerTalk] pushing a mast up at the top of the tower

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] pushing a mast up at the top of the tower
From: "Steve K7AWB" <k7awbgoog@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 13:06:43 -0700
I have a 16 foot long, 2" OD steel mast about 2 feet out of the top of a
Rohn 45 flat top section waiting antennas.  I plan to put my 2-element 40
meter Hygain yagi at the top.  Then, I have to lift the mast (98 lb) and the
antenna on it up about 10 feet, above the future rotator spot, in able to
mount the OR-2800 rotator.  And then slowly lower the mast/antenna into the
top of the rotator.

  What is the best way (s) to lift up the mast /combination?  Right now it
it is secured with a TB3 bearing.  And I have another rotator plate with a
sleeve, slightly above the future location of the rotator, that will keep
the mast vertical when out of the rotator.  Once the mast/40 meter antenna
is secure in the rotator, I will add the 6-element Force 12 20 meter yagi 2
feet or so above the top of the flat plat top section.

73
Steve Sala
K7AWB
DN17es