[TowerTalk] Tramming up big stuff

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tramming up big stuff
From: Guy Molinari <guy_molinari@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 03:22:47 +0000
This will be a busy summer for me as I have a number of yagis to get up before
the fall season.   I don't have alot of experience doing tower work but I did
manage to get most of my AB-105 in the air.  I've got 2 towers of about 150
feet each.   Now it is time to get the antennas up.

I have a 40M4LLDD and 20M6A to tram up the tower.   Also I have a KLM 6 element
15M and also a 6 element 10M.   Both towers have 10 ft of mast above the top
section.   My plan is to put the 40M beam on one tower 2 ft above the top of
the tower and the 10M beam at the top of that mast.   A similar configuration
on the other tower with the 15 over the top of the 20.

I want to do this safely of course with a minimum time committment from the
ground crew.   That means good planning up front.

BTW, the towers were engineered and installed properly.

So, my question to the group is how do I do this with minimal pucker factor and
maximum fun.  Yeah, and the money is pretty much all spent.

Thanks in advance and 73,
Guy, N7ZG