Re: [TowerTalk] Balanced Line Question

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Balanced Line Question
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 19:34:04 +0100
I doubt you'd notice any difference.

I've made loss measurements and balance measurements on my Palstar
BT1500A balanced tuner with a range of different load impedances, and
compared them to my unbalanced TenTec 238 equipped with a 4:1 voltage
balun or a 1:1 current balun. Overall the TenTec 238 with 1:1 current
balun was the best, but differences were very small and would be
indistinguishable in normal operation.

QST compared the Johnson Matchbox to three more modern balanced tuners
in September 2004. The Matchbox had a quite restricted matching range
compared to the others, and it was marginally less efficient taken
across all the bands and load impedances tested.

73,
Steve G3TXQ