Re: [TowerTalk] DX Engineering DXE400MAX Cable?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DX Engineering DXE400MAX Cable?
From: K8RI on TT <k8ri-on-towertalk@tm.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 14:16:01 -0400
On 7/21/2011 11:55 PM, Bryan Swadener wrote:
> Has anyone had any DIRECT experience with DX Engineering DXE400MAX cable?
> This appreas to be their version of Davis RF's Buryflex400.

I would suggest staying away from actual UF versions of the LMR cables.
They are only speced for about 10 years of life. When used as rotator
loops I've never managed to get that out of them. It has been my
experience that the Jacket is a rubber like material that does not
adhere to the braid and is more like a stretchy, loose fitting tube.
Loose may be too strong a statement, but it doesn't fit tight like the
regular jacket and will bunch up when using a regular cable stripper.
It abrades easily and weathers rapidly. It does not slide well over the
edge of the tower top like Davis BuryFlex(TM), or many of the other
flexible cables. It is however, more flexible than any of the other
cables I've tried.
After removing the 28' pigtails on the 45G 4 had splits or had abraded
tot he point where the braid was visible.  I had one that looked to be
in pretty good shape with no serious abrasions or splits although it did
have a couple of flat spots, so I decided I'd make some jumpers to use

73

Roger (K8RI)