Re: [TowerTalk] Metal roof

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Metal roof
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 12:40:29 -0700
On 8/5/11 11:44 AM, Pete Smith wrote:
> Without any direct experience, other than a trap vertical on a 20 x 40
> metal roof made up of 4x8 metal sheets, I'd say a vertical would work
> fine, but anything else nearby could be adversely affected.  I also
> wonder, at least in theory, if you wouldn't risk imperfect electrical
> connections between shingles becoming harmonic-generating diodes, in the
> presence of a strong RF field.

But... what about all the harmonic generating diodes from the chicken
wire under the stucco, or the woven mesh of a chain link fence.

I think the harmonics & diodes thing pops up more in situations where
you have multiple transmitters in a single location, generating spurs
that get into receivers at that same location.