[TowerTalk] MRC 0017 Bearing for a small prop pitch motor.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] MRC 0017 Bearing for a small prop pitch motor.
From: "Alton McConnell Avon-Cadillac" <amcconnell@avonauto.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 10:20:07 -0400
Morning Everyone:

I am finishing up the rebuild of a small prop pitch motor.  We all know
the MRC 0017 bearing that is located in the adapter plate is no longer
available.  My MRC 0017 races look ok but the bearing assembly is sloppy
and the ball bearings are black and need to be replaced.   The largest
ball that I measured had a diameter of 0.1860 inches or 4.72mm.  Does
anyone know what the spec ball diameter was?  Otherwise, I will have to
guess at the size when I order replacements. I have also heard of people
machining solid brass bearings to replace this bearing in its entirety.

Also, I understand that there is an improved lip seal to replace the
seal under this bearing,  Does anyone have a part number? (I replaced
the seal in the gear box housing and reversed its direction also.)

Any further advice on sealing up the gear box before I put the gear
train back in the housing?  I have the gears assembled with the "00" out
and everything assembled correctly.  The 1971 QST article was very
helpful here.

Many thanks!

Alton, NU8L

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are the property of Avon
Automotive, are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not one of
the named recipients or otherwise have reason to believe that you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this message
immediately. Any other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing or
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

The views, opinions, conclusions and other informations expressed in this
electronic mail are neither given nor endorsed by Avon Automotive unless
otherwise indicated by an authorized representative independent of this message.

This message has been scanned for malware by SurfControl plc.
www.surfcontrol.com