[TowerTalk] Phasing transformer questions.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Phasing transformer questions.
From: "Clint Talmadge W5CPT" <w5cpt@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 08:22:11 -0500
I am phasing two verticals together for 30M and using the Trifilar wound
toroidal transformer found in Joe Carr's "Practical Antenna Handbook" to do
so.  A friend, (more knowledgeable than I,) calculated 19 turns on a T300-2
core.  I recently found the core and now other questions have arisen.

Does the winding have to be solid wire, or can I use stranded wire, or does
it matter?  And should the windings be flat wound, such as ribbon cable, or
twisted together? I have seen both methods.

Any other information which I really need to know would also be appreciated.

Clint - W5CPT