Re: [TowerTalk] Ground Rod Through Basement Floor

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ground Rod Through Basement Floor
From: Mike Fatchett W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 08:48:48 -0600
There are good concrete fillers/caulk that should seal the hole.  I have
heard of people pouring water down the hole.  I have no idea if that
would really work to help the grounding ability.  You might consider
drilling your hole at an angle, so that if the rod hits a big rock it
has a change to deflect off the rocks so you can pound it in all the way.