Re: [TowerTalk] Marine Pulleys

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Marine Pulleys
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 19:03:33 -0700
Harken or Ronstan or Lewmar - all are top quality sailboat pulleys -
called blocks.

The ball bearing ones are really good since the friction is
significantly reduced.

Bigger is better for the pulley diameter, since there is less stress and
fatigue on the rope, but they cost more as the size goes up as the Safe
Working Load (SWL) also increases.  Two that I use are for 1/4"/8mm rope
(line for sailors)

Lewmar - 30mm PN 29901321 440# SWL stainless steel balls and swivel shackle

Ronstan - 20 Series PN 20100 550# SWL SS balls & swivel shackle

Both were about $17 last time purchased and are stocked by West Marine
and many others.

Grant KZ1W