Re: [TowerTalk] DX Engineering Coax Stripper Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] DX Engineering Coax Stripper Question
From: Mike Fatchett W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 07:52:39 -0600
I went through this looking for a coax stripper for RG8X for Crimp
connectors.  I found one in my tool kit that works well enough.  It has
to make 3 cuts.  I just bought a new Klien stripper for RG6 at Home
Depot but I have not tried it yet.

Getting the center conductor through the center pin has been challenging
and I have the same connectors.  You must be very careful or a strand or
two may detach that could cause issues if they should find the ground
side of the connector.

I bought some marine grade heat shrink tubing to finish off the
cable/connection.  I will be curious to hear how the DXE tool works out.

Mike W0MU

J6/W0MU November 21 - December 1 2011 CQ WW DX CW
W0MU-1 CC Cluster w0mu.net