Re: [TowerTalk] rooftop tower for satellite array: Central Florida

To: Jim Cassidy <jc_ki7y@q.com>, Joseph or Ruth Patrick <hdmc38@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] rooftop tower for satellite array: Central Florida
From: <normn3ykf@stny.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 13:28:16 -0400
---- Jim Cassidy <jc_ki7y@q.com> wrote:
> Satellite sled mounts are used mainly on flat roofs only.  I have done one
> that was a saddle over a peak roof.  Mainly used for fairly small dish size
> although I have seen a couple in the 6-8ft range.

Jim KI7Y

Thanks all for the contributions. The saddle sled is the type I'd need. My
problem is getting it by code. I would have to have the windload and structural
calcs done by an engineer to ensure that it's right. Code is crazy here. Any
ideas?

The issue is that the property needs a new roof. Installation of a crank
up/tilt over tower is a large expense. The plan of the property does not lend
itself well to do it.  If it's easier and cheaper now to do the roof structure
upgrade, get my array up at a decent altitude, so be it.

Just kicking a can down the road, so to speak.
73 de Norm n3ykf