[TowerTalk] Tower Base Round or Square?

To: Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Base Round or Square?
From: Richard Thorne <rmthorne@att.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 12:28:29 -0500
I'm finally getting some dirt work done in the next day or two at my new
place which will include holes/concrete for my 45g tower.

I plan on using a pier pin install, so does it matter if the base is
square or round?  The rohn book calls for a 2' 6" square hole 4' deep
(I'm designing the tower based on 90mhp winds with a height of 120').
It would be easier to use a 36" auger to dig the hole.  Since I'm going
with a pier pin I don't see that there would be any twisting moments on
the concrete base, it would only be there to hold the tower up.  But I'm
not an engineer, hence the question.

Thanks

Rich - N5ZC