[TowerTalk] Screw anchors

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Screw anchors
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 21:30:26 -0400 (EDT)
For those who are finicky about screw anchors...If you don't  want top
screw them in, there is no reason why you can't pour some concrete and  then
put
them in it.  Around here the price of screw anchors (big ones, 1"  rod and
close to 8 ft long) are a fraction of the cost of Rohn anchors.

You don't like the "knuckle head" on them?  Get you  local welding shop to
fabricate plates from plate and drill the holes and weld  them on after you
grind the knuckles off.  I came out spending about half  of what I would
have spent for the Rohn stuff..and these are much  beefier.

Bill KH7XS/K4XS