Re: [TowerTalk] Dropping guys

To: "TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Dropping guys
From: "Larry" <lknain@nc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 12:27:35 -0500
I want to thank all of you who took time to explain and/or comment. The
general scheme of dropping guys was just as I thought it was but it is
helpful
to have input from those who have done it to be sure I was at least thinking
about it correctly. My tower is 100 foot 45G with 3 Phillystran guy sets.
I have always done the tram method in the past but may try dropping the
guys as the new antenna is bigger (M2 4 el 40/30M beastie - 42 foot boom
and 50+/- foot elements).  Not as big as what some folks have but it will be
the
largest antenna I will have put up.  The antenna goes up on the south side
of
the tower between two guys and opposite the third guy which is on the
north side of the tower.

73, Larry  W6NWS