Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn HDBX 49' Tower

To: "Gordon Beattie" <w2ttt@att.net>, "W2RU - Bud Hippisley" <W2RU@frontiernet.net>, "Kelley Shaddrick" <kshaddrick@jetup.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rohn HDBX 49' Tower
From: "David Jordan" <wa3gin@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 22:34:03 -0500
Anyone want to see pics of how we built this tower vertical with a gin pole,
one section at a time just send me an email.

They go up various ways but one can use a gin pole, not just a crane, but
that certainly would be faster and more fun!

This tower had a 3E Full Size Telrex 20m mono-bander, 4E on 15m and 5E on
10m for many years.  It currently support a Cushcraft A3, 8E on 2m.  Next
year it will host a HYGAIN Explorer 14/7MHz add-on kit.

The tower is a good value for the price whether you use it for dipoles, yagi
antennas, or a CB ground plane ;-)

73,
Dave
wa3gin