[TowerTalk] Have you had old tower sections hot dip galvanized?

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Have you had old tower sections hot dip galvanized?
From: John W <xnewyorka@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 12:01:35 -0800
I'm considering purchasing some older Rohn 45G/55G tower and having it
re-galvanized.
The tower is structurally sound, and I'd like it to stay that way as long as
possible.

My concern is whether the galvanizing process would add material at the tops of
bottoms of the sections so as to make them impossible to fit together.

Has anyone here had a tower re-dipped, and if so, what extra measures did you
use to prevent this problem, if any?

Thanks,

John
W2ID