To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 108, Issue 48
From: Ro Grrr <rogrrr@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 21:12:23 -0500
This is like one of those KMART "PRICE CHECKS" - I have 15 sections of
Rohn 55 I plan to erect and tho it seems like it's good, I thought I
would like to have it re-galvanized.

It's painted, since it is the remnant of a 350 foot commercial tower
that was painted red and white. The GALV SHOP said they will dip in acid
 (no option there. This is their standard cleaning procedure and it
doesn't matter what kind of coating it has on it. They WILL clean it so
they can guarantee their treatment) and then hot dip galv it. They want
$100 per section to do it, no quantity discount offered and they aren't
hard up for business so their price is what it always has been. I haven't
gotten prices from other galv shops yet.

Yes, it will look like new and WILL be as good as but at that price, I'm not
willing to pull the trigger just yet for my ham tower. Besides, I'm out in the
country so the fact that it is painted (white.  I sold all the RED sections) is
of no consequence to me.

Message: 3