Re: [TowerTalk] guy detach in the middle?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] guy detach in the middle?
From: chris casey <cscvrp@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 13:09:08 -0600
An update. Looks like we not only need a lift, but an anchor installed
to tie off while we are standing on the roof to crank on the winch to
lower/raise the tower.

All told this formerly self sufficient exercise is looking about $850
including the tie-off anchor install. It will be a $600 event to bring
the tower down and bring it back up.

So what we ended up was one guy point that just couldn't be accessed
by the book without a lift, and a winch which we learned was within
the 6' safety margin to the edge of the roof right outside the shack
window.

One could replace the manual winch with an electric one I'd guess, but
the isolated guy anchor point remains a sticky bit. One could come up
with some convoluted way to leave that point fixed and replace the top
attachment to the tower with a pulley and bring the guy on down to the
roof and fix it there, but who knows what they looks like force wise,
not good I'd guess. Really is frustrating to lose our autonomy, guess
this is the way of things for us from here on out until they decide we
can't have the tower anymore I guess.

--

-Chris