[TowerTalk] galvanizing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] galvanizing
From: "Steve K7AWB" <k7awbgoog@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 17:47:15 -0800
I took a steel 24 foot, 2" OD mast to a local galvanizer to do it to make it
rust resistant and pretty as I would use the mast in one of my future
towers.   They said they had to put two small holes in the ends to suspend
it while in the "tank" so I said sure.   When I got the mast home, it was
warped as if it was made very hot while suspended horizontal...catenary
curve type.  Now it is not straight and when I put it on the garage concrete
floor, you can see its warping.  Tough lesson learned I guess.

73

K7AWB
DN17es
Nine Mile Falls, WA
455 ARRL approved 6-meter grids confirmed
294 ARRL approved DXCC entities confirmed