Re: [TowerTalk] W0MLY Antenna Switch

To: "n8de@thepoint.net" <n8de@thepoint.net>, "tom@tomharke.com" <tom@tomharke.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] W0MLY Antenna Switch
From: Ken Burchfield <k5jxl@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 15:28:21 -0800 (PST)
I hope this will help. My search turned up this:

manual for Model 50, which may be different
73 Ken

mail archive

AD5VJ Bob <rtn...@sbcglobal.net> Sunday, June 15, 2008 8:16:33 PM       *
        *

        *

Does anyone have anything on this Remote Switch? For my new tower a guy gave me
a control box for and old remote controlled antenna relay that he once used,
but was in his junk box
and so he asked me if I wanted it. On the back it has a paper stick on tag that
says: Antenna Mart
Box 7 Rippey IA  50235
Model SW9   SERIAL = _________ I searched Antenna Mart using Google and came to
a website named
MAX-GAIN SYSTEMS, INC
http://www.mgs4u.com/index.html So I sent them an email asking them about this
remote switch box
They sent me an email back telling me: >>>
That one is very old, and was made by W0MLY in Iowa, before the company was
sold in about 1990 to Bill Wall, KC4UZ, near Atlanta. The old switch used a
Lucas Ledex stepper motor, and sent pulses to index it.  Position indication
was sent back to the control box
by a "coding wafer" which was indexed by the stepper. Bill Wall completely
redesigned it all, and used a totally different system, with gear-reduction
motor drive, no steppers. We have no data at all on the older W0MLY switch.
>>> 73 fer nw es gud DX,
QSL VIA: LotW, BUR, e-QSL
Bob AD5VJ
http://www.ad5vj.com/
Old Calls WB5ZQU, WY5L/KH3, KE5CTY, N5IET
Kenneth D. Grimm, K4XL <gri...@sbc.edu> Sunday, June 15, 2008 10:43:39 PM
*
        *

        *

W0MLY,
followed a fairly predictable wiring system.  About the only differences
were in the number of contacts on the switch.  You are welcome to
download a copy of the Model 50 manual from the BAMA server.
http://bama.sbc.edu/  Just look for Antenna Mart.  On the mirror site at
http://bama.edebris.com/ look under antmart.
The Antenna mart switches were very high quality and not inexpensive.
If you have the control box and the switch box and the wafers are in
good shape, you've got a good piece of equipment.
73,
Ken - K4XL
BAMA
 PacketRadio is Still
Alive.......Mississippi.......145.010.......Simplex.......1200 Baud