Re: [TowerTalk] SWR Problem Balun or lightning protection?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] SWR Problem Balun or lightning protection?
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 14:12:09 -0500
On 12/23/2011 1:34 PM, Billy Cox wrote:
> Hi Tony,
>
> Two ideas ... one, have you seen
> the same behavior<the changing
> SWR>  on another wattmeter?

Hi Billy,

Yes, I have an external wattmeter - same results
> I saw mention of three rigs, but
> does the internal metering on all
> of them show the same behavior as
> the external wattmeter?
Yes
> Finally, you mention that the two
> yagis are switched via the same
> remote switch?

Yes, they are, but the problem happens when the all switched and jumpers
are bypassed i.e, the rigs connected directly to the coax cables feeding
the antenna.
> Then I would start
> to suspect the main coax that goes
> to the switch. What other antennas
> are on this switch? Any changes in
> their behavior as to SWR/etc?
The jumper and remote switch are not the problem.

> Hope this helps!
>
> MC es HNY!
>
> 73 de Billy, AA4NU

Thanks Billy, Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Tony, K2MO