[TowerTalk] DC vs. AC rated switch

To: "[TowerTalk]" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] DC vs. AC rated switch
From: Ray Benny <rayn6vr@cableone.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 20:58:57 -0700
I ordered and received two 3PDT switches that I ordered from ebay. They
have the spring loaded center off position. I want to use one of them to
replace my up/down switch for my old motoroized Tristao tower. The switches
are rated for 30 amps at 12VDC. They have solder/ push type on lugs and
look husky. They are new and have absolutely no marking on them except the
sticker that says 30A 12VDC. Physically, they are the same size at the old,
type toggle switches that you would find in any junk box. I'm sure they
were made is China.
My question: will they handle 15 amp at 125 VAC?  That's what the raising
motor is rated for.  I could certainly try one and see what happens.

HNY,

Ray,
N6VR
nr Prescott, AZ