Re: [TowerTalk] Pattern Distortion caused by faulty balun?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pattern Distortion caused by faulty balun?
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 13:50:58 -0500
On 12/30/2011 10:06 AM, Steve Hunt wrote:
> Tony,
>
> Yes, it's possible if the conducted common-mode path happens to be low
> impedance compared to the Yagi impedance, and if the balun fails in a
> way that allows large common-mode current to flow.  But that's a couple of
> big "IFs" and I wouldn't think it a very common occurrence.
>
> 73, Steve G3TXQ

Thanks for all Steve...

Jim Browns excellent paper on baluns is a real eyeopener. Seems there
isn't anything commercially available that can duplicate the line
isolation of his home brew ideas.

The F/B pattern on my M2 monobander seems fine, but then again, it's
hard to tell what's really going on without checking to see if the M2
balun is doing it's job.

HNY...

Tony, K2MO