Re: [TowerTalk] How accurate are iPhone Compass apps?

To: bill.aa7xt@gmail.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] How accurate are iPhone Compass apps?
From: dotravel@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 19:16:48 -0500 (EST)
No hi-tech required, during a sunny day when your tower's shadow is the
shortest it will be pointing North. If you want to get fancy just input your
Lat. Lon.

Into this program and you will have your local solar noon -- your tower's
shadow will be pointing North at that time.
http://www.srrb.noaa.gov/highlights/sunrise/sunrise.html

If you paint a stripe on your roof where the shadow points or add a rock in the
yard etc.  you'll have a nice reminder which way north is -- Google earth works
just fine too --- tools/ruler/line!

Regards, John NA6L