[TowerTalk] SurgeGuard?

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] SurgeGuard?
From: Jim Miller <jim@jtmiller.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 16:53:36 -0500
Anyone have experience with the SurgeGuard?
http://www.surgeprotectiondevices.com/ It installs as a shim under the
power meter to provide whole house protection.

The company claims protection for "sturdy white goods". I take that to be
something motor driven. They specifically don't cover semiconductor devices
although BGE Home offers a $10K insurance when these are installed which
covers TVs, etc.

I like the fact that the big MOVs are installed directly under the meter
for low inductance and that they have a visual and audible means of
reporting. Apparently there are remotely addressable features as well for
the power company.

Anything I should be looking for or specific questions I should ask when
they come to give a quote?

73

jim ab3v