Re: [TowerTalk] Never Wet

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Never Wet
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 05:58:45 -0500
I recall posts by K3ZJ back in the 90s about similar (probably less
advanced) hydrophobic paint, which he had put on some Yagis.  IIRC it
was originally developed for radomes on the DEW line.  Only real
drawback was cost - ~$90 a gallon - but for painting antennas a gallon
probably went a long way.  I would sure be tempted if I had invested
gazillions in a big antenna farm, even if ice storms *with* severe wind
are once-a-decade events.  Ask KC1XX or K3NA.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,