Re: [TowerTalk] Dipole fed with balanced line?

To: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Dipole fed with balanced line?
From: Ken <wa8jxm@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 08:34:28 -0500
Steve,

The issue is not about I^2R losses and feedline cannot compensate for missing
antenna wire.   It's the antenna wire that radiates, not a properly balanced
feedline.

How do you "increase the feedpoint current...by 19%" other than by increasing
power?   BTW, increasing the feedpoint current by 19% is a 40+% increase in
power (P=I^2*R).  That's a significant increase, not "only a fraction of a db".

If the solution was that simple, we could have efficient "limited space"
antennas by putting a 600 ohm resistor at the end of an open wire feedline and
not need the antenna at all!   ;-)

73, Ken
WA8JXM