Re: [TowerTalk] Remote Preamp or In the Shack

To: <richard@karlquist.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Remote Preamp or In the Shack
From: "Dan Schaaf" <dan-schaaf@att.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 21:39:05 -0500
Rick
In addition to my IF DSP, I also have the Timewave DSP-599zx and it has AGC
in addition to the noise reduction. It also has a CW Spotlight which makes
the weak CW pop right out of the headphones.
On top of all this, I have the APF turned on. The APF is a triangular filter
in the FT-2000 which really digs cw out of the noise.
So, when you add all of these together, a really weak CW on 160 meters can
sound like armchair copy in many cases.
This Timewave unit might be just what you are looking for.

Best Regards
Dan Schaaf
K3ZXL www.k3zxl.com
NOBSKA www.nobska.net
Cape Cod Instruments www.gnm-inc.com
Tel: 941-766-0706
Fax: 941-766-0707

"Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created
them." - Albert Einstein